There will be all day teaching for all Ophthalmology trainees in the region once a month:
- This will usually be the 3rd Friday of each month with the exception of July, August and December.
- Attendance is compulsory for all Ophthalmology trainees, unless they happen to be on Annual/Study leave or on-call at base hospital.
- The programme is to be based on Subspecialty themes.
- Ophthalmology trainees will need to put in half day study leaves for the morning sessions if they have programmed clinical commitments at base hospital. The afternoon session will replace the local teaching programme on these regional teaching days.
- Unless stated otherwise, all Regional Training will take place in the West of England Eye Unit library
- There will be a summer break for the months of July/August, and a break for Christmas for December.
- Trainees are required to notify the Education Programme Coordinator if they are unable to attend
- Trainees must keep a log of their attendance for ARCP purposes
All trainees are encouraged to complete feedback forms to evaluate the day.
|9th November 2018||SWOS
Please note that the Uveitis Symposium is not regional teaching but trainees are encouraged to attend
|14th December 2018||Refraction Course||WEEU||Mr Sian|
|18th January 2019||Retina Regional Teaching||WEEU||Mr Herbert|
|15th February 2019||Cornea & Cateract||WEEU||Mr Knox-Cartwright|
|15th March 2019||Paeds / Strabismus / Neuro||WEEU||Mr Benzimra|
|26th April 2019||Working outside the NHS||WEEU||Mr Quinn|
|17th May 2019||Wetlab / Managing Cateract Complications||Torbay|
|7th June 2019||SWOS||Bath|
|28th June 2019||ARCPs||Plymouth|