There will be all day teaching for all Ophthalmology trainees in the region once a month:
- This will usually be the 3rd Friday of each month with the exception of July, August and December.
- Attendance is compulsory for all Ophthalmology trainees, unless they happen to be on Annual/Study leave or on-call at base hospital.
- The programme is to be based on Subspecialty themes.
- Ophthalmology trainees will need to put in half day study leaves for the morning sessions if they have programmed clinical commitments at base hospital. The afternoon session will replace the local teaching programme on these regional teaching days.
- Unless stated otherwise, all Regional Training will take place in the West of England Eye Unit library
- There will be a summer break for the months of July/August, and a break for Christmas for December.
- Trainees are required to notify the Education Programme Coordinator if they are unable to attend
- Trainees must keep a log of their attendance for ARCP purposes
All trainees are encouraged to complete feedback forms to evaluate the day.
|20th September 2019||Glaucoma (Not part of the RTDs, voluntary to attend)||Bristol|
|20th September 2019||Ophthalmology Quality Panel 12:30pm - 16:00pm||Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Crownhill, PL6 5DH|
|4th October 2019||Uveitis||Ms Von Lany|
|15th November 2019||SWOS winter meeting||Swansea|
|13th December 2019||“Outside the clinic” (tips on fellowship, career in academia, successful career, etc|
|Fri 17th January 2020||Cornea and cataract||Mr. Indy Sian|
|21st February 2020||South West Oculoplastic Surgeons meeting|
|20th March 2020||Part 2 OSCE practice in WEEU||Exeter trainees|
|17th April 2020||Paediatric & Strabismus||Mr. Quinn/Mr. Benzimra|
|15th May 2020||Wetlab/DOPs|
|June 2020 TBC||SWOS summer meeting|