To ensure the effectiveness of the ARCP process it is essential that the following documentation is completed (including signatures) and uploaded to the ePortfolio system by the published submission date.The trainee's learning portfolio provides the evidence of progress. It is the trainees responsibility to ensure that the documentary evidence is complete in good time for the ARCP. Please ensure that your ePortfolio is up to date in preparation for this ARCP; the panel will be reviewing all ePortfolios prior to the day of the assessment. Please refer to the Royal College of Ophthalmologists for guidance on the number of Work Place Based Assessments that are required to be completed for your ARCP. Failure to complete the required amount of WPBAs or submit the documentation required can result in the assessment not going ahead and the trainee being issued with an unsatisfactory outcome. Trainees should note that any assessments completed after the submission date may not be counted towards their annual ARCP.
- Clinical Supervisors Report (from each consultant worked with-typically 2 reports-per each 6 month placement)
- Educational Supervisors Report & Training Summary (1 per 6 month placement)
- WBAs (All complete for stage of training with no ‘bunching’)
- Evidence of attendance at regional training days and College CPD diary certificate
- RSTA Educational Agreement for ARCP
- Audit (1 per year). Also note that all CCT applications received after 30 August 2017 must be supported by an audit of at least 50 consecutive cataract cases where the surgery is performed within three calendar years of the CCT date.
- Continuous Audit of Cataract Complications (Please also see Cataract Guidance Document)
- Up to date CV with list of new publications, posters and presentations
- Details of Exams Passed
- Evidence of Completion of the GMC survey
- Enhanced Form R
- Wider Scope of Practice
Trainees should read the Royal College of Ophthalmologists website and familiarise themselves with the recommended target stages of achievement of learning outcomes; this provides a basis for monitoring progress at the ARCP. Trainees should complete the documents appropriate for their stage of training.
The review will chart your progress to date and will identify any specific training needs for the future. The results of the review will be recorded on the ARCP form, copies of which will be sent to you and the Royal College with the original being retained by Peninsula Postgraduate Medical Education in your training record file. We advise that you share the information relating to your ARCP outcome with your Educational Supervisor to facilitate further Educational Supervision.
Please see the School Structure page for Head of School, Training Programme Director, College Tutor and School Management contact details.